Welcome to Walla Walla, Washington!
For all those travel bugs and foodies out there, just wanted to give a shout out to Walla Walla, the town I did my third year clinical rotations at!
If you ever get the chance, here are some great things (mostly food) to check out in town:
- I LOVED the Vegetarian Torta – my absolute favorite!! I must have gone here every week for this sandwich. It is mind blowing – great bread with chipotle, avocado, black beans, pickled daikon and carrot, sprouts, tomatoes… my mouth is watering just thinking about it
- They are a sandwich and salad place – pear salad is really good too!
- Grandma’s Kitchen
- Fresh, non-greasy, super tasty Mexican food – you can get nopales! You pick a filling (nopales, black beans, varieties of meats) and pick what you put it into: burrito, sopa, taco, etc!! Yum!!
- Maple Counter
- Yummy breakfast! Huge portions!
- Bacon and Eggs
- Yummy breakfast!
- Fine-ly Made
- OMG! Gluten free and vegan!! So GOOD!
- Walla Walla Bread Company
- Homemade veggie burger- so good!
- Sweet Basil Pizzeria
- Such good pizza. They also have a GF crust!
- My roomies loved this place. A place to sit and study as well. Lots of baked goods, salads. I think after 8 or 9 pm, some of the baked goods are reduced price!
- The Marc
- This is fancy food! Our dean would take us out for dinner here post-match day to celebrate!!! So good!! Deserts are AMAZING!
- Dora’s Deli
- This is a hole in the wall place. So good – their food is authentic and tasty!!
- Whitehouse Crawford
- Another fancy place – super tasty!!
- Sipid Bites by Sarah
- Have to make a shout out to Sarah and her wonderful creations!
- Gesa Power House Theater
- Loved this theater – I think we went to a Shakespeare production here. It was fantastic!!
- Little Theatre of Walla Walla
- Went to see a Christmas play here with my adoptive parents from Walla Walla! It was awesome!!
- Symphony / Chamber Music
- Corn maze
- This was super fun! Go with friends!
As you can tell, I did a lot of eating…. 🙂 There are also beautiful places you can explore, hike, and enjoy! Walla Walla is a great town – lots of vegetarian options, family friendly, safe, and happy. And for those of you who love wine, it’s got a lot of it! The downtown is especially nice to explore. I really enjoyed my third year here and am grateful for the experience I had!!